POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : POVRay and XML : Re: POVRay and XML Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:27:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay and XML
From: Bernd Fuhrmann
Date: 3 Jan 2005 16:54:25
Message: <41d9bf11@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Warp wrote:
>
>>   However, I have always said that the strongest feature of POV-Ray is
>> also its weakest feature.
>

> It might be worthwhile to consider the use of an existing scripting
> language that's designed to be embedded in other programs, and use that
> for the scripting language. Something like elisp does for emacs. REXX
> might be a good choice, Tcl would almost certainly be a good choice,
> Python has already been used in some 2D graphics packages as a scripting
> language, etc.

Well, ok. That would certainly be possible. To be exact: Using another
programming language that output some SDL code is most likely the
solution to my problem. But: What good will it do I just I write my
utilities for my favourite programming language. It would be better to
develop some kind of library for that programming language that would be
used by most people who want to develop extensions that cannot be done
properly with POVRay SDL. A standard solution to this should emerge.
Anyone interested in it (while having no idea what it should be like)?

Regards,
Bernd Fuhrmann